Our History

The Shockoe Missionary Baptist Church was organized in 1880 with a few dedicated members. Our initial land was conveyed to the church by Mr. and Mrs. Joseph S. Brown for the construction of our first edifice. Additional land was conveyed to the church in 1908 by Mrs. patsy McBrayer Hamilton. Since our inception hundreds of souls have been saved and our membership still continues to grow. We now have well over 500 active members.

Because of the growth of our church and the need for a more modern facility, construction of our new edifice was begun on December 12, 1974 and was completed on November 26, 1975. In 2003 our newly renovated dining hall was named for the late Reverend G.H. Pass. Reverend Pass was the longest serving Pastor in our history.

We give thanks to God for blessing us as a church through his visionary leaders who have continued to enhance our spiritual growth.

Hello world!!!!

To God be the Glory!